As we enter 2021 with hope in sight for the end of covid there is an opportunity to improve your fitness beginning today. Todays topic will include a boot camp 101 for racquet sports. Here are 10 things you can do to improve your game off court. This is about a 60 minute program that you should do everyday. Feel free to mix up your conditioning with, biking, skiing, yoga, spinning, etc. There are certain racquet sport practice rituals that will help you thrive! Enjoy! Happy New Year!
1. Walk, jog, and run. 30 or more minutes is best. Adjust your jog and run to your current level of fitness. It is best to mix it up in intervals. This simulates the type of breathing needed for racquet sport stamina.
2. Eat well. You know how to to this. You just have to do it. Don't make it rocket science. Keep it simple. Stick to a menu that you create.
3. Hydrate! Everything is better when you do this.
4. Practice the motions of racquet sports. Push your self with footwork and point simulations. Also have a purpose and visualize your shots going to court targets with purpose. Practice different point scenarios with footwork and shadow swings.
5. Do push-ups (modify as needed), crunches, and squats.
6. Train with a medicine ball.
7. Train with stretch bands.
8. Do you physical therapy exercises as part of your training forever!
10. Watch instructional videos and watch the pro videos.